Our Pioneer Button Club began in 1960 with an invitational letter mailed from Bowmanville, Ontario to a number of Beatrice Osborne’s friends who expressed an interest in learning more about clothing buttons. Our members come from near and far in southern Ontario to attend one of the monthly meetings as they can. We also have international members who are always welcome to contact us to get together, or to drop into a meeting should they be in our area.
The annual membership fees are $15.00. Being a member of the Pioneer Button Club
- allows you to attend any of the meetings,
- receive the club newsletter, 11 issues per year
- buy and sell buttons at the meetings
- attend button auctions
There are monthly meetings: during the day in Oshawa, the evening in Toronto, and the afternoon in Orillia.
The Oshawa meeting takes place at
- Northminster United Church, 676 Simcoe St. in Oshawa
- 11:00 am to 2:00 pm (bring your own lunch)
- the 4th Monday of every month except holidays and December.
The Toronto meeting takes place at
- different members’ homes, located in the Central Toronto area
- 7:30 pm to 09:00 pm
The Orillia meeting takes place at
- the Barnsfield Recreation Centre, 500 Atherley Road, Orillia
- 1:30 to 3:30
- the 2nd Thursday of every month except December
Use the contact form below to confirm times and locations for the next meeting.
Every month buttons are available for purchase. They are sold as silent auction items, or by individual club members at very reasonable prices. Probably the very best values are available at our annual club auction each spring.